星期六, 5月 29, 2004

Is an FT a regular Shrink?

In the past week alone, I have seen 2 FTs (fortune tellers)... the regular Thai one, and another one in Katong... whom my sis swears by.

As I was describing to my friends what each one prophesized, I found myself differentiating them as 'the regular Thai one' and 'the Katong one'. Subsequently, I felt that my usage of the term 'regular'.... I don't know... it's odd...? It reminded me of the REGULAR visits that I made to the dentist. I then thought about how many times a year I actually get sick (about 2 times/yr on average I think)...

Along the way, it suddenly dawned upon me that my regular FT is a sort of doctor... cos I see her about as frequently as I see the dentist!

But cos I go to the FT when I feel like I have reached a RATHER dead-end situation... it hence means that, I am somewhat seeing the FT as a source of... I don't know... psychological/spiritual support?

Which leads me to wonder: Is the FT a regular shrink that I go to?

Actually, I am in the midst of thinking that everyone SHOULD have a regular shrink.

Just think about it - we are sadly not in the dimension where we talk to our family that much about what is going on in our lives (at least not for me). We may have our partners/spouses/friends/buddies to turn to if we need to talk. But when we are having problems with these partners/spouses/friends/buddies, what do we do? Talk to Group B when we have disagreements with Group A? And go to Group C when things screw up with Group B?

And the world is too small... chances are you find your partners/spouses/friends/buddies overlapping by the time you reach Group D.

I think we will reach a stage when we just give up and bottle it up, or decide to keep things to ourselves. That's when you find yourself knocking on the doors of depression.. withdrawal etc etc...

Then what happens?

Someone will put the idea into your head that you should get a SHRINK!

*Tada*

Or, we can see it as: family/partners/spouses/friends/buddies... we love them and hate them from time to time. At those times you hate them and you wanna bitch about it, but yet, you know you may regret cursing at them the moment things are fine...JUST GO TO A SHRINK!

Somemore, if you happen to hate one shrink, you just go to another one. Take the chance to bitch about the old shrink to the new one. If you like the one you are seeing, then just feel lucky, and pay to go back to him/her in a month's time. This can be something to look forward to!

The way I see it, unlike the other obligatory relationships we have with those people around us, seeing a shrink (regular or not) CAN be a purely transactional deal... and it will let you walk out feeling better!

With regards to FTs specific... I think they are better than shrinks cos... they can give u an insight into the future... and I just feel like they can somehow make more amazing co-relations to your entire WORLD of associations... from your birth numbers to your void deck black cat... etc etc...

To state a few examples...

Miss Katong told me to watch my legs cos they'd give me probs in my older age. Both FTs told me that money is one sure thing that can make me feel confident. Both FTs tell me that I think too much, and that that is my primary reason for being stressed up.

And all these, just from a shuffle and a look at my palms!

I happen to believe that a regular doctor (doctor or psychologist alike) would just tell me to lose weight.

I will continue to try out FTs, cos I have not found the PERFECT one... there are loopholes and 'incorrects' in what each one says... although I'd say it is 90% correct.

Just as some people believe there is their 'other half' out there waiting somewhere for them, I believe that there is a PERFECT FT out there who is able to tell me about my life like a tale.

Yes. I am one of those who'd read the last chapter of a story book before I proceed with page one.

1 Comments:

At 4:25 下午, Blogger ayu said...

hey
read ur chunk on f.ts.
told ya not to get too obsessed abt them. see now ur devoting a piece of ur blog to them, remember u said before we rule our own life, so rule it!

 

發佈留言

<< Home