星期四, 1月 20, 2005

McDonalds To Go...

So... Ah Beng's car clocked 1068kms and he has to go for his first servicing.

So... mom says I might as well go with him since I have nothing better to do.

So... she says the Suzuki man says servicing would take less than an hour.

So... we should be back by 1230pm since it was only 11am.

1132am - Suzuki Service Centre
Ah Beng: So... the clutch of the car is XXX... the alignment of XXX is XXX.....
Serviceman: Ok... uh-huh... (writing down...)
Me: (concentrating)...

Serviceman: Ok... so... it'll be done in 2.5hrs.

Ah Beng: .............
Me: ......................

So... daddy came to rescue. Ah Beng and I waited at the service centre, like kids who ended remedial class early, for daddy to bring us out for lunch!

1205pm - An unfancyful hawker place along Pasir Panjang
Just some hawker kinda place and not very yummy curry rice...

... well... there was a cat around. So... I can't remember much of the place except that I was swallowing my food... quickly...

1230pm - McDonald's along West Coast Highway
Daddy wanted to drive us to Ginza Plaza, throw us there so we can pass time. But we must have looked too pathetic, so he drove us to McDonald's along West Drive Highway instead! We thought he was gonna drop us off, but he got off the car too and said we can have some fries together!

The last time we ever have McDonald's with dad, it was probably ages ago... at the AMK one.

The nostalgic feeling came back quickly when he asked Beng & I to get him a cup of plain water. In the past, it was cos he's frugal. But now, we kinda guess it's cos he's watching his diabetes.

Nonetheless, we still think it's orbit...

Heh...

But, coming from the same genes, we've grown to appreciate the plain water request....

We asked for 3 cups of plain water.

Hahahahah!

Getting serious...

When dad was driving us back to the service centre, I thought about... how nice it may be if I could be working nearby and have lunch with my dad everyday.

Maybe I'm secretly dependent more than I am openly lazy.

Or maybe my laziness is a smokescreen all these months.

I am afraid of making friends.

I am xenophobic.

I can handle eating alone unlike some people I know. (well... as long as there are no cats... so eating alone is confined to closed doors, aircon places with no cats allowed...)

I guess it's no big deal to eat alone etc. But, I'd feel brave and proud of myself when I do it.

But the big point is... I'd rather eat alone than make new friends.

Yeah... I just wish I have more time to spend with my father again la.

I wish I am a son... like... again!

2 Comments:

At 5:32 下午, Blogger Abigael said...

Touch-ched touch-ched. Just quarrelled with your dad big time. So I guess I can only live vicariously through the both of you.

Pain pain ...

 
At 11:01 上午, Blogger Irresistible Lobangs said...

so envious of u. your daddy is sooo nice. i spoke to u last nite abt my dad and mom. u know la.

i really can never understand y is my dad so hoorrr ... ri--- g- ble.

really dislike my dad big time. he is ... aiya, don like him la.

 

發佈留言

<< Home