I am a quiet LEADER
I just need to clichely comment that - time flies. Today marks the last day of the month I'm completing with this new company.
The amazing thing is that... when I walk out of the lift and approach the reception of our office, I will still look at the huge P&G letters on the wall and hear a voice in my head saying "I can't believe I am here!"
I can't say I don't dread going to work - I worry about who to have lunch with everyday; I worry about getting stuck with another bottleneck; I worry about not being smart enough, not good enough to be there; I worry about slipping in the underpass cos the steep slope is really quite... slippery and steep (duh...); I worry about running into the resident cat living outside the exit/entrance to the underpass; I worry about speaking too loudly on the phone; and of course, I worry about running into JQ especially on days when I am in my flats/specs/no-enough-mousse hair/oversized pants/tight top/vpl (or all of the above).
And I DID run into JQ once... 11 Feb (Mon). He was having breakfast. I was in flats and my too tight unicorn teeshirt (have I mentioned it's a Monday...?)... so I turned and walk away... and found myself shivering moments later on my way up the escalator.
Sigh...
Only saw him once in a month. That's lucky enough I guess. I can't wait to move back into Novena Sq... won't have to fear the underpass slope, the cat and running into JQ then...
Anyway, I keep to myself alot in the company. I think they do think I am quiet. But they also think I am the sort of LEADER who initiates and does things. Haha.
Yes. By default, the company sees every employee offered employment with the company to be a SUCCESSFUL person... either already, or in the making. And they only employ people who are LEADERS from within.
I like how the company thinks. Somehow, success this way doesn't get tagged with competition. Because successful people work for their passion; they work for their personal belief in what needs to be done. I believe that when one works so focusedly on a personal goal/belief, there is no competition cos the self-centredness is so overwhelming. And so, the company has convinced me that bein self centred IS good.
I remember at a few of the managers telling me - don't be afraid to ask for anything. Even if you have to ask it 20 times a month. Don't be afraid to make use of all our intellegence. We are all here to help YOU become a successful person. And you will also help US become successful people. But we must keep in mind that we are successful because we have a commitment to improve lives of consumers worldwide.
It sounds inspiring, charismatic and ultruistic doesn't it?
You hear it once, you hear it twice... you think one fella copied it off the other. But when more than 5 of them say it with the same conviction and 10yrs in the company under their belt... you'll feel like I do...
And throughout the company, the leadership culture... the passion... the taking-charge notion... everything is so just so pervasive really! And the mutual respect for one just makes you feel sooooo... much like u are being a good person just by going with the flow.
I love my company... so I love my job.
1 Comments:
loving your job... i want to love my next job toooooo! catch up soon! =)
發佈留言
<< Home