星期四, 11月 11, 2004

Woah~~

Check this out -

The best friend I made in university and myself just realised yesterday that our mothers were best friends 30 years ago!!!

I guess LTY (lao tian ye) was starting to get unnerved that CW and me were drifting apart yet again... what with the run-out-of-things-to-talk-about moments despite meeting up just this once after a month.

We were so running out of conversation... that I dragged my mom into the topic when we passed by a closed down Lacoste shop in Wisma...

Me: Hey... you know how Lacoste is a brand for poeple in the know right?? Tell you ok... don't think my mother auntie auntie pattern... I think she knows Lacoste from Crocodile one hor...

CW: Hey... really arh?? How come??

Me:
Cos she last time worked in some jeans shop in Peninsular Plaza mah... then I think she quite eh sai with such brands one...

CW: Hey! My dad used to work in CYC in Peninsular Plaza too!.....

Ended up... mom knows the dad cos he's husband to her then-best friend, Maggie. And I was almost non-existent cos Auntie Maggie advised mom NOT to be with my dad etc (cos dad was already a married man)...

We just can't believe how small the world is! 3 whole years in NTU... come to think of it... they never saw each other even though we're sure they were helping CW and myself with lugging groceries/furniture up to our rooms in the hostel.

Who would have thought CW and I have crossed our paths when we were 2 years old... get our paths crossed for 3 months when CW was in VJ (but we never got to know each other cos I was 'weird and strange'... and she was simply insignificant.. haha)... and finally end up being friends at 19 yrs old in the university???

And teochew was the only common factor between us when we first met - she loves Sanrio, I prefer Pooh; she was so into Hokkien pop and Nicholas Tze, whilst I was into Take That and Bon Jovi; she loves things with pokka dots and flowers and cutsy Sanrio characters, and I was into minimalist monotones.

Worst of all... she speaks perfect Chinese while I am a self declared Ang Mo queen! Haha... so we compromised with Teochew... my standard being A* and hers A** just cos she knew about 5 more phrases than I do...

Anyway...

LAO TIAN YE!!! How much more exciting stuff are you hiding from me?!?!?!?

Are you ever gonna let me know who was the neighbour boy I played with in Hougang Block 20?!?!

Is there anyone out there who is looking for me?!?!? I am the one with the big eyes who LOVES crying!! Does this photo ring a bell?!?!

Haha...



3 Comments:

At 8:28 下午, Blogger ayu said...

heyheyhey
daijie, what is this all abt?? suddenly i m feeling left out abt this joey and u being best frens and an analysis of the similarites and differences between the both of u!!!
i demand one abt u and me too altho we have only like been frens to be politically correct for less than a year! i'm waiting...

 
At 1:19 下午, Blogger Ni said...

hee... are u talking about Chen wei? that's really cute of u guys. and it's really hilarious u said that u were almost non-existent cos her mum adviced ur mum not to be with ur dad!! LOL

btw, take care ya!
i miss u all and those days in hall 10 =)

 
At 9:43 上午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

What a cute picture!!
Know i read this blog before but can't resist reading it again. This is definitely more interesting than reading the newspapers.... almost..i repeat ALMOST as good as watching tv. You should know how much tv means to me.

 

發佈留言

<< Home