Taking Life Slow... Like A Moon Jelly
I went to Sentosa on Saturday with 16 rather-strangers-people... they are participants of an executive course I am working for now (ok... temp job... not worth much mention...)...
I have seen how jellyfishes have so totally captivated Spongebob... and heard about how they are transparent. And all I thought was simply...
Yah right. Stupid people trying to convince me they can see something INVISIBLE floating in the water... water being transparent in the first place...
(Spongebob is different... jellyfishes in Spongebob are purple in color... haha :p)
But gosh!! You really CAN see a jellyfish!!! And it IS transparent!!!
And I LOVE JELLYFISH!!!
And it makes me so happy to feel this connection with Spongebob! haha...
Sidetracking... I did feel like I wanted to eat the jellyfish... mouth started salivating before I realised it... haha! Strangely, I do realise I always feel like eating the edible swimming things that I see in aquariums. I got scolded by my mom for suggesting that the Luohan fish that used to be in the house looks plump enough for eating... I still constantly wonder if the Louhan fish in my grandma's house would taste better steamed or fried... heh
I like the Moon Jelly especially much! It's the one in the picture. The pinkness is caused by the lighting. Not too clear cos my phone's resolution isn't good. But... I love the way the pinkness allows me to think that I have merged the love of Spongebob's life with the color of Patrick, his best friend, my fav character... haha :p
Anyway, the moon jelly is simply captivating... probably as a result of having a remote "illuminating effect" (ok... prob due to the artificial lighting in the enclosure...).
And the way they unassumingly blob blob blob around... looking like they are breathing in and out everytime they blob... but yet... you'll suspect they are NOT breathing cos there isn't any air bubbles etc.
More interstingly, I was intrigued by what the board in front of the tank says:
A jellyfish has no brain, no heart and no real eyes. Its body is made up of 95% water.....
Wow!!
I decided that I'm gonna wish to be a jellyfish on my next birthday!!!
I hate to think. I hate to feel emotional about things. I hate to see disgusting things around me. And I AM already about 80% water-content... I think...
Hey! It's not gonna be too difficult to get there... isn't it?!?!?
(Actually... come to think of it... I don't really understand what it means by 'no real eyes'... But as part of the become-jellyfish-act... I cannot question too much...)
Oh oh!!
And a jellyfish can one fine day decide to SPLIT itself up into smaller jellyfishes, such that one jellyfish ---> MANY small jellyfishes!!!
Man... it must be damned exciting to suddenly have a dozen miniatures of myself!!!
I want to be called Jovelyn Jelly Tay!!
1 Comments:
haha siao, but all these talk abt sentosa jelly fish etc are just making me miss all the outdoor outings that we used to have in primary schools, i m feeling nostalgic abt many things in my life now. dunno wats causing it. n yes the new mayday song rocks. thumbs up to ashin for losing weight. haha.
發佈留言
<< Home