星期三, 9月 22, 2004

The Headmaster

Some know that Waiyaki has always been a figure of respect to me. I can't remember the story very well anymore. But I remember Waiyaki living as the black messiah... the hero... in my heart... and Livingstone remained as someone rather incomprehensible... not worth much thought as long as Waiyaki was around...

As much as some think that Waiyaki was pretty much a whim... I loved Waiyaki. I never really know why I felt that way. I guess at this point it could be cos he often thought too much about the things around him as I do... and it leads to an oppressive pressure to feel the need to improve on the horrible things we see around us. It's the desperate impatience that we derive out of the disharmony surrounding our every minute... and yet quietly conceding to our internalised knowledge that the greatest conflict we face lies within us, in our hearts.

I've never quite come across another character who touched my heart as much as Waiyaki did. Maybe it's cos I don't read much in the first place! heh heh!

But... I came across THE HEADMASTER.

Yes. I do not read widely at all. I enjoy trivia I find in magazines lying at coffeetables, clinics, dentists office etc. Maybe that's why no one really catches my eye... cos Vivian Balakrishnan, Sim Wong Hoo, Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs... pretty much summarizes what the news rave about isn't it? Thorpe, Phelps & Hooganband merely fleeted past as well...

Then... I got to know THE HEADMASTER.

Ok... I can't say that much about the HM at the moment... cos I haven't finished reading the book. But I already get the feeling he's taking the seat next to Waiyaki...

Overaged... but I'm reading The Little Girl At The Window now la... heh...

Watch this space... I shall finish the book by the end of the week...

Till then... THE HEADMASTER is someone we can qi dai to hear more about... haha..

How suspense-ful...

1 Comments:

At 10:10 下午, Blogger ayu said...

hey i know waiyaki! din noe we took the same literature textbook, or are we supposed to?? anyway his gf is muthoni or something ni rite. all forget le. haha

 

發佈留言

<< Home