星期五, 9月 17, 2004

The Broken Truth

The week just wooshed by... and I'm just $248 richer. Sounds really little considering I worked 5 days. I didn't realised it was this little as well. But... I felt like I was being overpaid every minute on the job!

Cos I love the job. And I love the people. I love the flexibility. And I love the job nature!

Nonetheless, I'm too modestly pessimistic to think that anything I love would pay off well. Getting cash out of something I love had been unthinkable for a long time.

Despite being rather happy with things that have kept me occupied for the week, I find myself getting this mummifed, stone (?) numbness about me.

I was meeting lots of new people - people from work; strangers at exhibition; new FT; friends' friends... the world's population suddenly appeared to have multiplied several folds over this short week!

I smiled many times... mostly as a result of the job requirement. But yes, there were many willing smiles targeted at my new colleagues as well... they make me realise there ARE nice strangers around... and I like all of them. Taking into consideration the eyebags, physical/psychological/emotional fatigue and confidence deficit that I carried with me everyday this week, every smile I offered should be received with great appreciation!

And taking into consideration the same eyebags, physical/psychological/emotional fatigue and confidence deficit that I carried with me everyday this week... I believe I deserve, and command, respect for being level headed enough at this point to blog rather coherently.

No?

Or have a become a machinery? A robot with eyebags?

I can only think of going for work on Mon-Wed next week. I actually look forward to it.

For the benefit of the curious ones, come Monday... I'm just gonna be collating 30 files for a seminar taking place on Tue&Wed! haha! But I am looking forward to it somehow la... I guess I'm a good robot with eyebags...

Wild thoughts aside, I've want to thank 4 individuals at this point for gently slipping into my head, warming my (heart)... allowing me to realise that I am NOT a machine...

1. XQ - For the mooncakes I'm craving madly for.
2. Ron - For lunch date on Mon.
3. Shea - For the big hugs.
4. Spongebob - For the 25 mins of daily laughs.

Yes. Bearing my soul for the night, let me proclaim that these are 4/5 loves of my life at this point.

The other 1/5... is something I am working on still... to shelf aside.

But... the 20-80 rule unfortunately applies.

And how ironic... 1/5 is taught me the 20-80 rule.

And so the day ends... and I am tired, numbly mummified... still finding the best way to work the bandage round my broken, bleeding heart.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 上午, Blogger joey said...

dj!!! y am i not included in the love of your life!! wahaha...to tink i actually lost to spongebob..

 

發佈留言

<< Home