Important 12... Momentous First
Since my last mention of the 11 smses from Olivier, I must have set off a curse of sort, cos no more smses came in. And just as I had dramatically described to some... it felt as though Olivier and I drifted apart...
Yeah... crap heh?
He went back to Switzerland la... and after that, he's been travelling alot la (as I found out... heh...)
Anyhow, I constantly kept in mind... that I WILL and MUST think of ways to SEDUCE him... haha! Especially so when I hear from my existing 'spies' in the office that he's getting cuter and cuter with each haircut!!!!
He's like a skinny Tom Cruise...
*DDDRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL*
I finally got the 'seduction' plan executed on Wed...
I gave him the handicraft oranges that the Tay household is so very very much into making...
Yeah... 2 big ones, 2 small ones. No little red box to put them into cos they were sold out.
(I suddenly hear his voice saying "nothing sexy. nothing exciting" in my head... in his usual french-swiss accented english...awwwww......)
Yah la. I am ORBIT JART JART.
And I didn't even pass them to him personally. He was out of town again. I passed them to one of my 'spies' who more than gladly promised to pass them to him the moment he is back... and he was back in the office today!
My spy didn't call me the moment she passed them to him as she promised though. ButI guess it was for the better, cos...
SMS #12 that came in at 9.40am sublimely woke me up
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
There were the thanks and happy new year stuff in the sms... not that I want to trivalise those... but... you've got to understand, the last line in the long sms says -
Hope I will spend more time in Singapore so we can meet up!
Aiyer!! How not to feel like 就算现在要我死掉,我也觉得我活够本了!?!?
Alright, so I won't die afterall, cos I need to meet up with him... heh heh heh heh heh....
:p
I thought endlessly about what I should reply... and I couldn't arrive at any decision. It was too difficult and my hands were shaking (I don't know from excitement or sheer bliss.. haha)... smsing was just too much of a task for me... my delimma-tic brain got itself too worked up...
Hence...
I called him.
And we talked! 1.48pm to 1.54pm on 7 Feb 2005.
Wuahahahhahhah!!
(Actually, there was quite a huge anti-climax period. I started calling at 10am+... but was always directed to his voicemail the whole morning)
Told him I'm not working now. Told him about ah beng's episode. Told him that Renault wanted me to work for them at $600/mth. Told him that I still hope to work for Wabco.
And he still impresses me. He is the first person so far who knows what the hell Wabco does... to the point that he knows that I would be going to Shanghai if I do get the job without me having to tell him. And he was so eager to see if he can help! Told me he knows people inside, so let him know if I need him for anything.
And it was very nostalgic talking to him. I asked him if he thinks Wabco is a good company. He gave me a summary better than the one I first found online! He even went into details like how it's gonna be a B2B environment; very technical; gonna involve more features than benefits when I work on the marketing aspects; I'm gonna learn more about trailers, trucks and bigger automobiles.
I fell in love with Olivier cos he made me respect him.
Not cos he was shuai, cos then, at that point in time, I was blinded by some other.
I recall how, I really didn't like him one bit... how I would come home in the evenings and tell my mom that I don't know how to make him leave me alone cos he's always trying to play with me and talk to me, but I don't like it cos I don't understand him 50% of the time with his accent. How I think he is too tall and I need to stand further away if not I can't see his face (and it's very tiring for me to tilt my head upwards... listening to him already exhaust alot of energy you must understand...), but he'll always annoy me by moving even closer... partly becos he simply wants to tease/shy me.
And how blardy irritating he was when we went to Japan alone cos he'll purposely walk faster and laugh at me when I have to half-run painfully in 3.5" high boots to catch up with him; how he ordered more beer for me when he saw that I was drunk on sake; how he pressurized me at work when he himself was stressed up; how he asks me if I am only 7 years old when I added graphics to ppt slides.
Still, he made it easy for me to fall in love with him.
Or maybe... he made it easy for me to respect him... and unknowingly, but gradually, fall in love with him.
I've learnt alot from this man.
And I like it when people teaches me things. Many things....
I liked many poeple before; I thought I'd like to marry a couple of them.
I'd like to grow old with Olivier. He's the only one by far.
0 Comments:
發佈留言
<< Home