My Best Friend Forever
I went for a couple of interviews on Tuesday. I thought the one with SIA was THE ONE interview of my life. The other one with Toyota... I didn't give much regard to it, simply cos it was a Japanese company, and anyhow, the interview I had with Subaru on Saturday sucked.
Isn't it screwed how I/some people have allow myself/themselves to exercise such (Singaporean) self-supremacy over the almighty Japanese? Sigh I tell you...
(I may/may not dwell on the selfishness & hypocrisy of a particular ex-band mate, who also applied and got the SIA job, another time if I do get less lazy... people who knows what happened, please feel free to spread the word... I do pray for the day to come when her atrocious nature would come to light, and she gets her deserving karma. 貌从心生... internally ugly people like her will get exposed one day. For me, I now know how her LKY Global Business Plan award came about at least... shrewdness and hypocrisy probably rules some's world)
Anyway, I was left feeling devastated about the SIA episode.
If I had screwed it up, maybe I wouldn't feel that bad.
But I don't feel I have been given a fair chance to be interviewed. I was asked about less than 5 questions I guess. The interviewers were clearly disinterested or tired... their spoken and body language clearly explicited that they just wanted to get this whole interviewing thing over and done with.
So I was demoralised.
So I wanted to cry again.
Yeah. So I am pathetic.
I returned from the Toyota interview, thinking I felt better cos the interviewers were nice to me to say the least.
The moment I stepped into the house, I saw my SIA papers lying on my bed, and I wanted to cry again. I was about the close my door and spend some time indulging in my little self pity... when little Miss Shea tailed me into the room excitedly...
Hey Feini! You have a surprise for... me???
Me: I'm afraid not Shea... not today. How's your day Shea?
It's been great Feini! How about you Feini?
I rushed to close the door, cos I could feel my face turning red... having difficulty holding back my tears in my head (don't wish to have the mother and aunts see me cry)... thereby unintentionally & unnecessarily creating an atmosphere of secrecy...
Me: I had a terrible day Shea.
But why Feini? (in a hushed tone...)
Me: I went for my very important interview today... you remember I told you about it?
Oh yahhhhhh..... (even though I know she didn't...)
Me: Well, I went for my very important interview, and they didn't want me... and it makes me very upset... and it makes me wanna cry Shea...
(I kept my head low... so the tears wouldn't flow... Shea watched me... clearly in DEEP thoughts... and with the earnest-est of looks... and with the sincerest of touch, she placed her little hands on my right hand....)
Is it because you are too fat?
Me: .............................................................
(shameful nod)
....f....i.....v......e.....s......e.......c......o......n.......d.......s........
(Shea suddenly throws her short little arms around my much too huge body for those little arms of hers after the same puppy-eyed stare....)
But I'll still love you even if you are fat, Feini...
Is this what 患难见真情 means?
0 Comments:
發佈留言
<< Home