The A-H of Us
Tonight, I found the right words and analogy to tell him what he means to me.
衆所周知,I love 金枝玉葉.
He is to me... like the musical card that ran out of battery. In those 3 years the battery was working, I was dreadfully cautious with the card.
It was precious. It was dear to me. I loved it.
Even though I got sick of the music it played... I continued listening to it... cos that's just the way I am.
死心眼.
Eventually, I came across nicer looking cards, or cards with nicer music. But I always remember the one I have at home, and I don't get the new ones. Cos knowing myself, I can foresee that even when I were to be listening to the music in the new card, I would also shut it halfway and go back to the old card... to remind myself of the tune it played... the tune I have grown attached to.
But one day, the battery still died anyway.
And I know... I'd treasured it for as long as I had it... wholeheartedly. So, there is nothing to feel 可惜 about. I did my best, and some things cannot be helped.
At the end of the day, I can't hear the melody anymore, so it can't touch my heart more.
If I want to hear music from a card, I know I have to get a new card. And I trust that batteries these days would last longer... or that it runs solar...
But anyhow, I still get to keep the old card, and feel nostalgic about it... now and then.
Yet, I don't need to care too much about how I should store it, cos I needn't be afraid that the battery would melt etc if I should misplace the card.
And no matter what anyone says... I know I cannot blame anyone for what happened.
那張音樂卡片是我自己挑的...
2 Comments:
Your next card will run on solar , moonlight or air power! As long as there's any one of these elements around... your card will play tunes for you. The future promises hi-tech cards - cards that will read your mood and play you the song that you want/need/wish to hear. The best part is... there are BILLIONS of cards out there to choose from. Water proof, shock proof, unbreakable, can't be torn... but definitely can be thrown away when you feel like it.
SG
hey...no idea what is a musical card..
this sounded a bit cheem to me, but I think I kind of got what it means after my 2nd read.
if I did not interpret wrongly, then as usual, I will ask you to put the musical card away, hopefully in some place that you someday will forget, because this card has proven to be nothing but trouble and inconvenience and hence unhappiness.
one day you will find a good MP3 player in giant, like us..haha
發佈留言
<< Home