星期三, 8月 10, 2005

来... 喝杯虎水吧!

Unbelievably suey and weird things can always find their way into the household...

Sunday - we all went to grandma's house at Lakeside cos I dreamt of grandma on Wed/Thu... telling me that she was upset cos no one has gone there to visit her for a long time... blah blah.
Basically, apart from the various 'sightings' of grandma by various family members... and the case of my missing spectacles that appeared inside a tissue box... and how my parents strike 4D thanks to the AMK dead granduncle... some big fat white cat that ran into the house and challenged 3rd uncle... the next biggest thing was that I swollowed an unknown object while eating otah...

Unknown object??

Well, we don't know if it's a fishbone or splinter.

If you must know, my mother thinks it's a staplet.

I only went to A&E on sun nite itself when the pain became rather unbearable. Did an xray... nothing was spotted. so, they sent me to ENT to get a scope done. Inserted this whole damned tube into my nose lor!! Supposedly sprayed some anesthetic to numb the nose/estrophegus (dunno how to spell la.. haha)... and guess what? my nose only started feeling numb AFTER I came out... WTF rite?

Oh... here's the embarrassing moment(s)... at TTSH. Note at the back of your head that I was slurring and short tongued... cos the pain was rather intense...

Doctor: OK... carry me through what happened to you today.

ME: I ate otah and I swallowed something... I think it's a bone or splint.

Mother in the background: But doctor, you know nowadays the otah they don't use bamboo stick anymore you know... they use stapler. I think maybe she swallow a bullet.

Doctor & me: ............

Doctor: After that, have you been able to eat anything?

Me: *nods*

Doctor: So what did you manage to eat?

Me: I swallowed alot of things... things that were so-called supposed to help me clear the bone la...

Doctor: uh huh... like what...? (Meanwhile, already write down rice on his paper....)

Me: Rice, 2 WHOLE kunyaku jelly... tiramisu... mango cake... butterfly (dough fritters)... ermm.. and some variety of water la...

("some variety of water" = cups of water mother poured into cup... and used chopstick to write 虎/猫/龙/狗 over the top of the cup... with all supposed-to-be-upstrokes strokes all written with downstrokes instead. It's too embarrassing to elaborate to the doctor la)...

Anyway... the doc could only see a red spot/area... can't tell if there is smth embedded inside (like a "chuar"... aka small splint) or if it is an injury/scratch... so I can only WAIT AND HOPE the wound cures (if it is a wound) or WAIT AND HOPE the splint/bone falls out by itself (given, IF it is a bone/splint).

In the meantime, I am given a variety of painkillers-cum-throat numbing gargle/lozengers/medicine... and supposed to go back today for a follow up session at the outpatient clinic at TTSH... but... I decided it won't do me any good cos... the situation hasn't improved from sun nite... and I don't see the pt in them scope-ing me again la... the appt is postponed to next Tue... for show...

1 Comments:

At 4:28 下午, Anonymous 匿名 said...

This dai-ma really never runs out of her rubbish huh.

first of all her bullet story, then her fu-shui with all the animals chanracters on it and what upwards strokes somemore...and all the food u took to push down the bullet/splinter/bone...hbht duo and lei ren le...lol...

from: me who loves my man (do not want to let dai-ma knows my identity)

 

發佈留言

<< Home